- Research Areas
- Dynamic Brain Circuits and Connections in Health and Disease
- Core facilities
- Research administration services
- Funding Opportunities
- DMCBH Membership
- News & Events
- Brain Matters Newsletter
- Neuroscience Research Colloquium
You are hereNewsroom
Community news: February 2020
Pictured: UBC Psychiatry faculty and staff celebrate Dr. Steven Vincent's retirement on February 12. Image source: UBC Psychiatry.
- Dr. Lynn Raymond has been appointed Director, Djavad Mowafaghian Centre for Brain Health.
- Dr. Miriam Spering and Dr. Lara Boyd were awarded UBC Killam Research Fellowships.
- Dr. Steven Vincent celebrated a distinguished 36-year career at UBC.
- What is dopamine fasting and why are people doing it? (CTV News, January 31)
- Could bright lights help with bipolar disorder? B.C. research explores possible treatment (CTV News, February 3)
- Light therapy holds promise for people with bipolar disorder (Faculty of Medicine, February 3)
- Neurotechnological innovations, pediatric epilepsy, and choice (The Neuroethics Blog, February 4)
- How did I get Parkinson’s? (When Life Gives You Parkinson's Podcast, February 4)
- When Life Gives You Parkinson’s podcast: How did I get Parkinson’s? (Global News, February 5)
- U of M Chronic Wasting Disease Resource Center names 14 international experts to executive committee (The Caledonia Argus, February 5)
- Bright light therapy for bipolar disorder explained (Kraig Talks, February 9)
- Five faculty members recognized with UBC Faculty Research Awards (Faculty of Medicine, February 13)
- Study finds half of homeless have a traumatic brain injury (KOMO News, February 21)
- NeurologyLive® Launches "Updates to the MRI Protocol and Clinical Guidelines for MS" Video Series Along With the Consortium of Multiple Sclerosis Centers (Yahoo! Finance, February 25)
- Does bipolar disorder damage your brain? (CREST.BD, February 26)
Did we miss something? Do you have a story tip? We want to hear from you! Send your research highlights, upcoming publications, trainee successes, and funding and awards news to firstname.lastname@example.org.