- Research Areas
- Dynamic Brain Circuits and Connections in Health and Disease
- Core facilities
- Research administration services
- Funding Opportunities
- DMCBH Membership
- News & Events
- Brain Matters Newsletter
- Neuroscience Research Colloquium
You are hereNewsroom
Community News: April 2020
Dr. Stephanie Willerth (pictured) and her lab have joined the fight against COVID-19 by producing face shields for frontline workers using 3D printers.
- Dr. Jacqueline Quandt appointed to Academic Director, VCHRI Medical Animal Facilities, PDC/ARU.
- Dr. Terrance Snutch will lead the genome sequencing component of a $40 million genomics initiative to address COVID-19.
- The Women's Health Research Cluster annouced the seven winners of the Women's Brain Health Young Investigator Award.
- Dr. Janet Werker was elected as a member of the National Academy of Sceinces for her distinguished achievements in original research which focuses on understanding the earliest roots of language acquisition.
- Dr. Thalia Field awarded the 2020 Excellence in Patient-Oriented Research Award, a joint initiatve between VCHRI and the BC SUPPORT Unit, for her work uncovering the early warning signs of cognitive decline.
- Dr. Jehannine Austin is one of the team leads on a project awarded $1.5 million to investigate whether pharmacogenomic testing should be routinely used in BC for people with depression.
- Why paying attention to sex and gender will advance our knowledge on COVID-19 (Women's Health Research Cluster blog)
- New UVic initiative fashions face shields for frontline health workers (UVic News)
- Camosun, UVic to make thousands of hospital face shields (CTV Vancouver Island)
- In UVic lab, printers cut face shield (Times Colonist)
- What is the end game? Ontario's stark modelling forecast could help Canadians cope with COVID-19 (National Post)
- In Outbreaks Some Health Workers Bolt. How BC Is Trying to Prevent It (The Tyee)
- COVID-19: Prepare for care-rationing and know your hospital policies (Neurology Today)
- Table tennis, anyone? ALC revenues gutted by pandemic (CBC News)
- Politicians appeal to our sense of fairness in the battle against COVID-19 (The Conversation Canada)
- This low-cost COVID-19 ventilator was designed by B.C. students (CTV News)
Did we miss something? Do you have a story tip? We want to hear from you! Send your research highlights, upcoming publications, trainee successes and funding and awards news to firstname.lastname@example.org.